US VISA TO INDIA: Expedited Second Valid Passport
What is an Second Valid Passport? Do I Qualify?
You are qualified to submit a second valid passport application if you still have and can submit
your current U.S. passport but need a second valid passport due to:
- You require an entry visa and do not have time to acquire it between other booked trips;
- Security Reasons (ex. conflicting visa stamps)
Did you know that U.S. citizens can hold two valid passports at the same time?
For whatever reason, most people still seem to be in the dark about Second Valid Passports.
If you are a frequent traveler who doesn’t have time to get visas before you leave for your next trip,
or if you need to travel to a country that won’t allow you to enter if you have Israel visa stamps in your
passport, you can get a second passport. These are also referred to as “two year passports” because
they are issued for a limited two-year validity.
Please Note that Second Valid Passports are issued solely at the discretion of the U.S. Department of State.
Gather together, complete, and ship the following to US Visa to India:
1. PASSPORT: Requirements - Second Valid Passport
Your actual physical passport.
If applying for the renewal of second passport, you must submit
your current and expired secondary passport with your application.
To be valid for getting an expedited second valid passport,
your current passport must:
- be signed
- contain at least two blank visa pages
- must be valid for 1 year from Second Passport issuance
If your passport does not meet these requirements:
If a visa is also needed you can ship both applications together.
US Visa to India can process the passport application and visa application back to back.
Important Note: The last few pages in the back of your passport are amendment and endorsement pages.
These are for U.S. State Department use only. They cannot be used for visa issuance or entry / exit stamps.
Also, a visa page must be completely clean and clear to be valid for a Visa stamp.
2. APPLICATION: Requirements - Second Valid Passport
DS-82 APPLICATION RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Hand filled applications are no longer acceptable. All applicants must
complete the Online DS-82 Second Valid Passport Application through
the link State Department above.
- All dates and signatures must be original and written be in black ink only.
Copies of signatures and dates or those in colored ink or pencil are not acceptable.
- The DS-82 Second Valid Passport Application must be printed on two separate pages.
Applications printed on the front and back of a single sheet are not acceptable.
- Please note that the DS-82 application must be submitted to the Department of State
within 5 business days of the date you put on the application.
3. PHOTO: Requirements - Second Valid Passport
- good quality (not blurry or pixelated)
- in color
- 2 x 2 in size
- not more than 90 days old
- full frontal view with body facing completely forward
- background plain and white
Photo’s should be taken at a reputable facility.
Suggested are Walgreen’s, CVS, or FedEx Kinko’s.
4. PROOF OF TRAVEL: Requirements - Second Valid Passport
5. AUTHORIZATION LETTER: Requirements - Second Valid Passport
Complete and print the Passport Agency Authorization letters.
These forms allow us to speak and act on your behalf with the State Department.
Please read carefully and fill out completely and correctly to avoid delays.
HELPFUL HINT: Many computers are set to automatically open a PDF with Adobe viewer.
To complete the authorization form, download the form, then right click and open with adobe acrobat or reader.
6. EXPLANATION LETTERS: Requirements - Second Valid Passport
Complete and print both the personal and business
Second Valid Passport Explanation Letters.
The Personal Letter should be signed by the applicant.
The Business Letter should be signed by someone in the company other than the applicant.
It is highly recommended that you follow examples letters below.
7. FEES: Requirements: Second Valid Passport
STATE DEPARTMENT FEES:
The government fee for an expedited second valid passport is 170.00.
- Make one check or money order out to “US Department of State” for 170.00;
- Authorize the 170.00 on the Second Valid Passport order form to pay with your debit or credit card.
RUSH SERVICE FEE OPTIONS:
Include a check or money order payable to “ US Visa to India“
authorize the amount on the Second Valid Passport Order Form.
- Same day processing – 249.00 + return shipping; OR
- 24-48 hour processing – 199.00 + return shipping; OR
- 3-5 business days rush processing – 149.00 + return shipping; OR
- 5-10 business days processing – 99.00 + return shipping
RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS:
- Fed Ex Priority Overnight – 35.00; OR
- Fed Ex 2nd Day – 25.00; OR
- Fed Ex Saturday Delivery – 45.00; OR
- Fed Ex First Overnight Early am – 65.00; OR
- Same day shipping via domestic airline – 125.00; OR
- Provide shipping account number or prepaid return envelope – 0.00
8. ORDER FORM & SHIPPING: Requirements - Second Valid Passport
- contact information
- payment information
- shipping information
- choosing the level of service needed to meet your intended travel date
- Uploading your second valid passport documents for review
Please note you that you will not be charged until all your documents are received and are ready for submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For tight deadlines needing Same Day or 24 hour Passport processing,
to ensure fastest possible service it is highly advised to contact us before shipping your package
to ensure availability!
Top US Visa to India Services
Other US Visa to Destinations
Other Useful Links
Contact US Visa to India
US Visa to India Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved