US VISA TO INDIA: Expedited New or First Time Passport
What is a New or First Time Passport? Do I Qualify?
There are particular requirements which one must satisfy to be eligible to use
passport application form DS-11 to obtain a new or first time passport.
Rules vary depending on your age (adult or minor), passport condition, etc.
You are qualified to obtain a new or first time passport if::
- you are applying for your first U.S. passport
- your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
- your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
If your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged:
Gather together, complete, and ship the following to US Visa to India:
1. APPLICATION: Requirements - New Passport
DS-11 APPLICATION RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Do not sign DS-11 New First Time Passport Application until instructed to do so
during the passport acceptance process (see step #7).
- Hand filled applications are no longer acceptable. All applicants must complete
the Online DS-11 New First Time Passport Application through the link State Department above.
- All dates and signatures must be original and written be in black ink only.
Copies of signatures and dates or those in colored ink or pencil are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 New First Time Passport Application must be printed on two separate pages.
Applications printed on the front and back of a single sheet are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 application form must be submitted to the Department of State within
5 business days of the date you complete step #7.
2. PHOTO: Requirements - New Passport
- good quality (not blurry or pixelated)
- in color
- 2 x 2 in size
- not more than 90 days old
- full frontal view with body facing completely forward
- background plain and white
Photo’s should be taken at a reputable facility.
Suggested are Walgreen’s, CVS, or FedEx Kinko’s.
3. PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: Requirements - New Passport
To acquire an Expedited New or First Time passport, you must provide proof of
United States Citizenship. Original documents are required (copies not acceptable).
This should be one of the following:
- Certified Long Form United States Birth Certificate
- Expired United States Passport;
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth
4. PROOF OF TRAVEL: Requirements - New Passport
5. AUTHORIZATION LETTER: Requirements - New Passport
Complete and print the Passport Agency Authorization letters.
These forms allow us to speak and act on your behalf with the State Department.
Please read carefully and fill out completely and correctly to avoid delays.
HELPFUL HINT: Many computers are set to automatically open a PDF with Adobe viewer.
To complete the authorization form, download the form, then right click and open with adobe acrobat or reader.
6. FEES: Requirements: New Passport
STATE DEPARTMENT FEES:
The government fee for an expedited New or First Time passport is 170.00.
- Make one check or money order out to “US Department of State” for 170.00;
- Authorize the 170.00 on the New Passport Order Form to pay with your debit or credit card.
RUSH SERVICE FEE OPTIONS:
Include a check or money order payable to “US Visa to India“
authorize the amount on the New Passport Order Form.
- Same day processing – 249.00 + return shipping; OR
- 24-48 hour processing – 199.00 + return shipping; OR
- 3-5 business days rush processing – 149.00 + return shipping; OR
- 5-10 business days processing – 99.00 + return shipping
RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS:
- Fed Ex Priority Overnight – 35.00; OR
- Fed Ex 2nd Day – 25.00; OR
- Fed Ex Saturday Delivery – 45.00; OR
- Fed Ex First Overnight Early am – 65.00; OR
- Same day shipping via domestic airline – 125.00; OR
- Provide shipping account number or prepaid return envelope – 0.00
7. ACCEPTANCE FACILITY: Requirements - New Passport
The passport applicant must bring all above original New First Time Passport documents
to a passport acceptance facility (Post Office / County Clerk / Public Library).
Click here to locate nearby
Passport Acceptance Facilities
You must present proof of identity such as a driver’s license (which has been issued for at one year).
Notify the available passport acceptance agent that you will be using an
expediting service to “hand carry” your rush passport application.
A separate $25.00 fee will be charged by the acceptance facility.
You will swear an oath and sign the passport application form in the presence of an
Authorized Federal Agent who will witness your signature and legally seal your documents.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once sealed, passport documents must be submitted to the passport agency within 5 business days!
Ensure the following items are sealed together::
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of identification (copy of ID)
- Passport Application Form DS-11
- One Passport Photo
- One Passport Agency Authorization Letter
- Proof of Travel
- Check or Money Order for 170.00 (or 200.00 with card) made out
to the “US Department of State”
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before going to the post office, you must do one of the following:
- upload all passport documents into our system for review. This is done via the
Secure Online New Passport Order Form below (Step #7) (Recommended);
- scan and email all passport documents to us at email@example.com
for review (Acceptable);
- make copies of the all passport documents and ship together with the
sealed envelope (Risky! No review of documents)
If documents are not uploaded, emailed, or copies are not in the shipment,
we will be unable to process your application!
8. ORDER FORM & SHIPPING: Requirements - New Passport
- contact information
- payment information
- shipping information
- choosing the level of service needed to meet your intended travel date
- Uploading your New or First Time passport documents for review
Please note you that you will not be charged until all your documents are received and are ready for submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For tight deadlines needing Same Day or 24 hour Passport processing,
to ensure fastest possible service it is highly advised to contact us before shipping your package
to ensure availability!
Top US Visa to India Services
Other US Visa to Destinations
Other Useful Links
Contact US Visa to India
US Visa to India Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved