US VISA TO INDIA: Expedited Lost or Stolen Passport Replacement
What is a Replacement Passport? Do I Qualify?
Lose your U.S. passport? Or was your United States passport book stolen?
You are not alone. Lost passports are very often misplaced due to infrequent use.
U.S. Passports are also a very highly valued and sought after target for criminals.
Whether lost or stolen, you should assume the worst and report your passport book
as lost or stolen and replace it as quickly as possible. By doing this the United States
Department of State can update your passports status with all appropriate agencies.
This will greatly lessen the chances it ending up in the hands of someone who is not
authorized to use your passport book.
Today’s high levels of identity theft make this a critical issue and misplacing a passport or
having one stolen is stressful enough. You don’t want to also become a victim of identity theft as well.
When you apply for your Expedited Lost or Stolen Passport Replacement through US Visa to India,
you will complete the lost or stolen passport form DS-64 as well as the replacement passport form DS-11.
This both reports your missing passport status to the proper agencies and replaces it and simultaneously.
Be prepared to provide proof of your identity and and citizenship.
Also, be aware that if you have had a lost or stolen replaced before, you may be issued a limited passport
with a 1-2 year validity instead of the standard 10 years.
Gather together, complete, and ship the following to US Visa to India:
1. APPLICATION: Requirements - Lost or Stolen Passport
DS-11 APPLICATION RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Do not sign DS-11 Replacement Passport Application until instructed to do so
during the passport acceptance process (see step #7).
- Hand filled applications are no longer acceptable. All applicants must complete
the Online DS-11 Replacement Passport Application through the link State Department above.
- All dates and signatures must be original and written be in black ink only.
Copies of signatures and dates or those in colored ink or pencil are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 Replacement Passport Application must be printed on two separate pages.
Applications printed on the front and back of a single sheet are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 application form must be submitted to the Department of State within
5 business days of the date you complete step #7.
2. PHOTO: Requirements - Lost or Stolen Passport
- good quality (not blurry or pixelated)
- in color
- 2 x 2 in size
- not more than 90 days old
- full frontal view with body facing completely forward
- background plain and white
Photo’s should be taken at a reputable facility.
Suggested are Walgreen’s, CVS, or FedEx Kinko’s.
3. PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: Requirements - Lost or Stolen Passport
To acquire an Expedited Replacement passport, you must provide proof of
United States Citizenship. Original documents are required (copies not acceptable).
This should be one of the following:
- Certified Long Form United States Birth Certificate
- Expired United States Passport;
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth
4. PROOF OF TRAVEL: Requirements - Lost or Stolen Passport
5. AUTHORIZATION LETTER: Requirements - Lost or Stolen Passport
Complete and print the Passport Agency Authorization letters.
These forms allow us to speak and act on your behalf with the State Department.
Please read carefully and fill out completely and correctly to avoid delays.
HELPFUL HINT: Many computers are set to automatically open a PDF with Adobe viewer.
To complete the authorization form, download the form, then right click and open with adobe acrobat or reader.
6. FEES: Requirements: Lost or Stolen Passport
STATE DEPARTMENT FEES:
The government fee for an expedited Lost or Stolen passport Replacement is 170.00.
- Make one check or money order out to “US Department of State” for 170.00;
- Authorize the 170.00 on the Replacement Passport Order Form to pay with your debit or credit card.
RUSH SERVICE FEE OPTIONS:
Include a check or money order payable to “US Visa to India“
authorize the amount on the Lost or Stolen Passport Replacement Order Form.
- Same day processing – 249.00 + return shipping; OR
- 24-48 hour processing – 199.00 + return shipping; OR
- 3-5 business days rush processing – 149.00 + return shipping; OR
- 5-10 business days processing – 99.00 + return shipping
RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS:
- Fed Ex Priority Overnight – 35.00; OR
- Fed Ex 2nd Day – 25.00; OR
- Fed Ex Saturday Delivery – 45.00; OR
- Fed Ex First Overnight Early am – 65.00; OR
- Same day shipping via domestic airline – 125.00; OR
- Provide shipping account number or prepaid return envelope – 0.00
7. ACCEPTANCE FACILITY: Requirements - Lost or Stolen Passport
The passport applicant must bring all above original Lost or Stolen Passport Replacement documents
to a passport acceptance facility (Post Office / County Clerk / Public Library).
Click here to locate nearby
Passport Acceptance Facilities
You must present proof of identity such as a driver’s license (which has been issued for at one year).
Notify the available passport acceptance agent that you will be using an
expediting service to “hand carry” your rush passport application.
A separate $25.00 fee will be charged by the acceptance facility.
You will swear an oath and sign the passport application form in the presence of an
Authorized Federal Agent who will witness your signature and legally seal your documents.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once sealed, passport documents must be submitted to the passport agency within 5 business days!
Ensure the following items are sealed together::
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of identification (copy of ID)
- Passport Application Form DS-11
- One Passport Photo
- One Passport Agency Authorization Letter
- Proof of Travel
- Check or Money Order for 170.00 (or 200.00 with card) made out
to the “US Department of State”
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before going to the post office, you must do one of the following:
- upload all passport documents into our system for review. This is done via the
Secure Online Replacement Passport Order Form below (Step #7) (Recommended);
- scan and email all passport documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for review (Acceptable);
- make copies of the all passport documents and ship together with the
sealed envelope (Risky! No review of documents)
If documents are not uploaded, emailed, or copies are not in the shipment,
we will be unable to process your application!
8. ORDER FORM & SHIPPING: Requirements - New Passport
- contact information
- payment information
- shipping information
- choosing the level of service needed to meet your intended travel date
- Uploading your Replacement passport documents for review
Please note you that you will not be charged until all your documents are received and are ready for submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For tight deadlines needing Same Day or 24 hour Passport processing,
to ensure fastest possible service it is highly advised to contact us before shipping your package
to ensure availability!
Top US Visa to India Services
Other US Visa to Destinations
Other Useful Links
Contact US Visa to India
US Visa to India Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved