US VISA TO INDIA: Expedited Damaged Passport Replacement
What is a Replacement Passport? Do I Qualify?
Need to Replace your Damaged or Mutilated Passport?
Significantly damaged passports are automatically invalidated and can no longer
be used for international travel.
Your passports can see various degrees of normal wear and tear, especially if you
are a frequent traveler and use your passport very often. Things like “Dog eared” pages,
gold emblem worn off of cover, and light moisture damage are usually considered normal wear in which case you can do a standard Passport Renewal.
Rips, tears, punctures, and heavy water damage are definitely considered significant damage
especially if they are found on the main personal data page of the passport. In this case you will
apply for a damaged passport replacement.
Be aware that when you submit a damaged passport application, your old passport will not be returned
to you when new passport is issued. It will be retained and destroyed by the State Department.
Gather together, complete, and ship the following to US Visa to India:
1. APPLICATION: Requirements - Damaged Passport
DS-11 APPLICATION RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Do not sign DS-11 Replacement Passport Application until instructed to do so
during the passport acceptance process (see step #7).
- Hand filled applications are no longer acceptable. All applicants must complete
the Online DS-11 Replacement Passport Application through the link State Department above.
- All dates and signatures must be original and written be in black ink only.
Copies of signatures and dates or those in colored ink or pencil are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 Replacement Passport Application must be printed on two separate pages.
Applications printed on the front and back of a single sheet are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 application form must be submitted to the Department of State within
5 business days of the date you complete step #7.
2. PHOTO: Requirements - Damaged Passport
- good quality (not blurry or pixelated)
- in color
- 2 x 2 in size
- not more than 90 days old
- full frontal view with body facing completely forward
- background plain and white
Photo’s should be taken at a reputable facility.
Suggested are Walgreen’s, CVS, or FedEx Kinko’s.
3. PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: Requirements - Damaged Passport
To acquire an Expedited Damaged passport Replacement, you must provide proof of
United States Citizenship. Original documents are required (copies not acceptable).
This should be one of the following:
- Certified Long Form United States Birth Certificate
- Expired United States Passport;
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth
4. PROOF OF TRAVEL: Requirements - Damaged Passport
5. AUTHORIZATION LETTER: Requirements - Damaged Passport
Complete and print the Passport Agency Authorization letters.
These forms allow us to speak and act on your behalf with the State Department.
Please read carefully and fill out completely and correctly to avoid delays.
HELPFUL HINT: Many computers are set to automatically open a PDF with Adobe viewer.
To complete the authorization form, download the form, then right click and open with adobe acrobat or reader.
6. EXPLANATION LETTER: Requirements - Damaged Passport
7. FEES: Requirements: Damaged Passport
STATE DEPARTMENT FEES:
The government fee for an expedited damaged passport Replacement is 170.00.
- Make one check or money order out to “US Department of State” for 170.00;
- Authorize the 170.00 on the Replacement Passport Order Form to pay with your debit or credit card.
RUSH SERVICE FEE OPTIONS:
Include a check or money order payable to “US Visa to India“
authorize the amount on the Replacement Passport Order Form.
- Same day processing – 249.00 + return shipping; OR
- 24-48 hour processing – 199.00 + return shipping; OR
- 3-5 business days rush processing – 149.00 + return shipping; OR
- 5-10 business days processing – 99.00 + return shipping
RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS:
- Fed Ex Priority Overnight – 35.00; OR
- Fed Ex 2nd Day – 25.00; OR
- Fed Ex Saturday Delivery – 45.00; OR
- Fed Ex First Overnight Early am – 65.00; OR
- Same day shipping via domestic airline – 125.00; OR
- Provide shipping account number or prepaid return envelope – 0.00
8. ACCEPTANCE FACILITY: Requirements - Damaged Passport
The passport applicant must bring all above original Damaged Passport Replacement
documents to a passport acceptance facility (Post Office / County Clerk / Public Library).
Click here to locate nearby
Passport Acceptance Facilities
You must present proof of identity such as a driver’s license (which has been issued for at one year).
Notify the available passport acceptance agent that you will be using an
expediting service to “hand carry” your rush passport application.
A separate $25.00 fee will be charged by the acceptance facility.
You will swear an oath and sign the passport application form in the presence of an
Authorized Federal Agent who will witness your signature and legally seal your documents.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once sealed, passport documents must be submitted to the passport agency within 5 business days!
Ensure the following items are sealed together::
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of identification (copy of ID)
- Passport Application Form DS-11
- One Passport Photo
- One Explanation Letter
- One Passport Agency Authorization Letter
- Proof of Travel
- Check or Money Order for 170.00 (or 200.00 with card) made out
to the “US Department of State”
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before going to the post office, you must do one of the following:
- upload all passport documents into our system for review. This is done via the
Secure Online Replacement Passport Order Form below (Step #7) (Recommended);
- scan and email all passport documents to us at email@example.com
for review (Acceptable);
- make copies of the all passport documents and ship together with the
sealed envelope (Risky! No review of documents)
If documents are not uploaded, emailed, or copies are not in the shipment,
we will be unable to process your application!
9. ORDER FORM & SHIPPING: Requirements - Damaged Passport
- contact information
- payment information
- shipping information
- choosing the level of service needed to meet your intended travel date
- Uploading your Replacement passport documents for review
Please note you that you will not be charged until all your documents are received and are ready for submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For tight deadlines needing Same Day or 24 hour Passport processing,
to ensure fastest possible service it is highly advised to contact us before shipping your package
to ensure availability!
Top US Visa to India Services
Other US Visa to Destinations
Other Useful Links
Contact US Visa to India
US Visa to India Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved