US VISA TO INDIA: Expedited Passports for Minors under 16
What is a Child Passport? Do my child Qualify?
Applying for a passport for a minor under 16 is a bit more difficult than applying for an
adult passport. It also requires more documentation. This is understandable due to the
number and frequency of child abductions throughout the world. These procedures are
in place to help guarantee the safety of all children.
The process of obtaining a child passport is simple if the applicant adheres to the
step by step list of requirements and documents below.
Note: You are applying for an expedited child passport if the child is under the age
of 16 (15 years old or less). If 16 or older, you need a New Adult Passport.
There are particular requirements which one must satisfy to be eligible to use
passport application form DS-11 to obtain a passport for a child.
Both parents must appear with the child at the Passport Acceptance Facility to
sign the application for the minor (see step #9 below);
If one parent is unable to appear, provide an original signed and notarized passport
form DS-3053 Statement of Consent.
Click here to complete the
Passport Form DS-3053 Statement of Consent
If the child has one parent only, primary evidence of sole authority to apply will be needed.
This can be:
- Child’s certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate (with translation, if necessary)
listing only applying parent; OR
- Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel
is restricted by that order); OR
- Adoption decree (if applying parent is sole adopting parent); OR
- Court order specifically permitting applying parent’s; OR
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent; OR
- Death certificate of non-applying parent.
Gather together, complete, and ship the following to US Visa to India:
1. APPLICATION: Requirements - Child Passport
DS-11 APPLICATION RULES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Do not sign DS-11 Child Passport Application until instructed to do so
during the passport acceptance process (see step #7).
- Hand filled applications are no longer acceptable. All applicants must complete
the Online DS-11 Child Passport Application through the link State Department above.
- All dates and signatures must be original and written be in black ink only.
Copies of signatures and dates or those in colored ink or pencil are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 Child Passport Application must be printed on two separate pages.
Applications printed on the front and back of a single sheet are not acceptable.
- The DS-11 application form must be submitted to the Department of State within
5 business days of the date you complete step #7.
2. PHOTO: Requirements - Child Passport
- good quality (not blurry or pixelated)
- in color
- 2 x 2 in size
- not more than 90 days old
- full frontal view with body facing completely forward
- background plain and white
Photo’s should be taken at a reputable facility.
Suggested are Walgreen’s, CVS, or FedEx Kinko’s.
3. PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: Requirements - Child Passport
To acquire an Expedited Passport for your child, provide evidence of your Child’s
United States Citizenship. Original documents are required (copies not acceptable).
This should be:
- Certified Long Form United States Birth Certificate
AND (if applicable)
- Expired United States Passport;
- Certificate of Naturalization
AND (if applicable)
- Expired United States Passport
4. PROOF OF TRAVEL: Requirements - Child Passport
5. AUTHORIZATION LETTER: Requirements - Child Passport
Complete and print the Passport Agency Authorization letters.
These forms allow us to speak and act on your behalf with the State Department.
Please read carefully and fill out completely and correctly to avoid delays.
HELPFUL HINT: Many computers are set to automatically open a PDF with Adobe viewer.
To complete the authorization form, download the form, then right click and open with adobe acrobat or reader.
6. FEES: Requirements: New Passport
STATE DEPARTMENT FEES:
The government fee for an expedited child passport is 140.00.
- Make one check or money order to “US Department of State” for 140.00.
(If you would both the passport card and the passport book, ensure to
choose that option on the DS-11 application and add 15.00 to the
payment for a total of 155.00).
RUSH SERVICE FEE OPTIONS:
Include a check or money order payable to “US Visa to India “
or authorize the amount on the Child Passport Order Form.
- Same day processing – 249.00 + return shipping; OR
- 24-48 hour processing – 199.00 + return shipping; OR
- 3-5 business days rush processing – 149.00 + return shipping; OR
- 5-10 business days processing – 99.00 + return shipping
RETURN SHIPPING OPTIONS:
- Fed Ex Priority Overnight – 35.00; OR
- Fed Ex 2nd Day – 25.00; OR
- Fed Ex Saturday Delivery – 45.00; OR
- Fed Ex First Overnight – 65.00; OR
- Same day shipping via domestic airline – 125.00; OR
- Provide shipping account number or prepaid return envelope – 0.00
7. ACCEPTANCE FACILITY: Requirements - Child Passport
The parents of the passport applicant must appear with the child and bring all
above original Child Passport documents to a passport acceptance facility
(Post Office / County Clerk / Public Library).
Click here to locate nearby
Passport Acceptance Facilities
Parents must present proof of identity such as a driver’s license (which has been issued for at one year).
Notify the available passport acceptance agent that you will be using an
expediting service to “hand carry” your child s rush passport application.
A separate $25.00 fee will be charged by the acceptance facility.
Parents will swear an oath and sign the passport application form in the presence of an
Authorized Federal Agent who will witness your signature and legally seal your documents.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Sealed passport documents must be submitted to the passport agency within 5 business days!
Ensure the following items are sealed together::
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of parents identification (copy of ID)
- Passport Application Form DS-11
- One Passport Photo
- One Passport Agency Authorization Letter
- Proof of Travel
- Check or Money Order for 140.00 (or 155.00 with card) made out
to the “US Department of State”
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before going to the post office, you must do one of the following:
- upload all passport documents into our system for review. This is done via the
Secure Online Child Passport Order Form below (Step #8) (Recommended);
- scan and email all passport documents to us at email@example.com
for review (Acceptable);
- make copies of the all passport documents and ship together with the
sealed envelope (Risky! No review of documents)
If documents are not uploaded, emailed, or copies are not in the shipment,
we will be unable to process your application!
8. ORDER FORM & SHIPPING: Requirements - Child Passport
- contact information
- payment information
- shipping information
- choosing the level of service needed to meet your intended travel date
- Uploading your child passport documents for review
Please note you that you will not be charged until all your documents are received and are ready for submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For tight deadlines needing Same Day or 24 hour Passport processing,
to ensure fastest possible service it is highly advised to contact us before shipping your package
to ensure availability!
Top US Visa to India Services
Other US Visa to Destinations
Other Useful Links
Contact US Visa to India
US Visa to India Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved